Effective as of: January 22, 2020
Last updated: December 1, 2020
The Royalty Firm, LLC (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates https://www.officialsamcooke.com (our “Site”). We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. This policy informs you of how we collect, use, and process information that we may collect from you or that you may provide to us when you visit the Site. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information (defined below) is used only in ways that comply with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect on this Site, through our mobile application and in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Site or our mobile application (collectively, referred to as the “Site”). This policy does not apply to information collected by any third party, including any content that may link to or be accessible from our Site. Further, we do not control third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. Our Site, our newsletters and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. If you have any questions about third party content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, directly when provided by you or automatically as you navigate through the Site, including:
• Information by which you may be personally identified, including, but not limited to: name, postal address, email, phone number, social media handle, and other identifiers by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
• Information that is about you but individually does not identify you; and
• Information about your mobile device and internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and Site usage details.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Site from you may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Site.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Automatically Collected Information
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Automatic Data Collection Technologies Include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
• Web Beacons. Pages of the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Site content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Site and its contents to you.
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
• To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• To enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
You have the following mechanisms of control over your information:
• Third Party Opt-Out. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. For example, you can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s Site.
• Accessing and Correcting Your Information. You may contact us to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting any applicable account in its entirety. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may decline to process requests in limited circumstances as permitted by applicable privacy legislation.
Do Not Track
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. The Site is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.